Last Updated September 1, 2020
Moore Philanthropy, an S-Corporation established in the State of Colorado and Moore Impact, a 501(c)(3) established in the State of Colorado (“we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your information.
What Information We Collect
When you interact or communicate with us, we may collect the following information from you:
Information You Give Us
You may give us information about yourself in the following ways:
- When you sign up to receive e-mail updates;
- When you register for our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you donate to Moore Impact or our projects;
- When you correspond with us (by email, telephone, or otherwise);
- When you apply for a grant;
- Any other time you knowingly volunteer information.
- Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address, email address, phone number, grant application, and financial information (including credit or debit card details, although we do not store full credit card numbers).
Information Automatically Collected
In addition, each time you visit the Website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
- Device information: We collect and store certain information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including information collected oﬄine and information received from third parties (e.g., contact information from government funders or grantor information). We may combine information gathered from these sources into a single user record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect oﬄine or receive from third-party sources to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and protect the Website;
- Resolve technical issues;
- Communicate with you about, among other things, all donations (one time or recurring), grant application, or changes to our policies;
- Provide more tailored services to you;
- Send you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events;
- Process your grant application;
- Register you for an event or program;
- Develop new products and services;
- Confirm your identity, verify accounts and activity;
- Monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and identify violations of our terms;
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns.
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback;
- For internal research and reporting;
- To improve the content and features of our service offerings
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of our website
How We Share Your Information
We may provide your information to third parties who are acting on our behalf or assist us in providing services to you, such as data storage, maintenance services, hosting services, database management, marketing, web analytics, and payment processing. We do not allow these third parties to use your information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any information they receive.
We may also use or disclose your information, if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our aﬃliates, our agents, or the users of the Website or the public.
Fees may be returned to donors for canceled events and/or tuition charges. Returns will be based on rules that were agreed upon at the time of purchase. If applicable, any financial transaction that cannot be returned to donors will be processed as a donation and properly acknowledged as such.
We also use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an “action tag” “tracer tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic on a web page or e-mail newsletter that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the e-mail. Like cookies, web beacons allow us and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names or e-mail addresses, without your express permission.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or update emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at [email protected].
If you would like to update your account or if you believe we have erroneous or incomplete information about you, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
We strive to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website, but no transmission and storage of data is completely secure, and submissions are at your sole risk.
We will hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy or as long as we are legally required or permitted to do so. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
EU Website Users:
We share your personal information only within Moore Philanthropy and Moore Impact. For our clients in Europe, this may involve transferring your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We ensure your personal information is protected by requiring all employees and consultants/contractors to follow the same rules when processing your personal information. We may also share your personal information with service providers and other third parties supporting our business only when needed. Many of these third parties are based outside of the EEA, so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we ensure proper protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Website is a general audience site. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of thirteen and no part of the Website is targeted to anyone under the age of thirteen. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of thirteen, you may contact at [email protected] or [email protected] and we will remove such information from our files.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this policy, please send an e-mail to
[email protected]. You may also contact us via mail at 2590 Welton Street, Suite 200, Denver CO 80205.