Position: Communications Manager
Employer: Moore Impact
Project Title: Latinas Represent
Designation: Full Time, Exempt
Location: The position is fully remote.
About the Opportunity
Latinas Represent seeks a Communications Manager to execute its new strategy and achieve its mission to “increase the number and diversity of Latinas in elected office to transform communities and our democracy.” This position manages Latinas Represent’s day-to-day communications efforts, engaging Latinas across the US to transform our democracy. The Communications Manager will work directly with the Program Director and Program Manager to manage Latinas Represent’s communications channels, promote Latinas Represent initiatives, and grow Latinas Represent’s audiences. The position location is flexible within the US, but must have the ability to travel for particular programs.
Latinas Represent is a fiscally sponsored project of Moore Impact. Latinas Represent seeks to increase the number and diversity of Latinas in elected office to transform our democracy. We aim to change narratives to increase visibility of Latinas in public service, train Latinas so that they can develop the skills they need to step into their leadership potential, build community among Latinas seeking political office, and create a stronger ecosystem to support an increased number and diversity of Latinas in office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will be an employee of Moore Impact and the third employee dedicated to the Latinas Represent project, reporting directly to its Program Director. The Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing, creating, publishing, and marketing original written and visual content across channels such as social media posts, blogs, newsletters, the annual report, and press releases.
- Maintaining Latinas Represent’s brand by ensuring a consistent voice, look, and feel for all materials.
- Driving traffic to Latinas Represent’s initiatives including events, publications, and communications channels.
- Building relationships with reporters and news outlets through quarterly press releases and regular outreach.
- Maintaining communications systems including a WordPress website, social media publishing tools, and tracking mechanisms.
- Tracking communications benchmarks and working with broader team to adjust strategy and approach as needed.
- Supporting programmatic team in creating materials, running events, fundraising, engaging stakeholders, etc. as needed. For large-scale organization events, the Communications Manager will help with administrative tasks and events planning logistics as needed (e.g., scheduling, vendor management, etc.).
- 3-5 years of experience working in communications, marketing, or journalism, expertise in representation, gender equity, and/or nonprofits a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, journalism, advertising, design, or related field;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Design background a plus;
- Experience with WordPress, design software, and social media tracking tools;
- Track record of successfully marketing cause-based initiatives;
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice;
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community;
- Ability to adapt in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment and re-prioritize work as needed when new priorities arise;
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships, trust, and partnership across organizations.
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Moore Impact anticipates an annual salary range of $60,000 – $75,000 for the Communications Manager. Moore Impact is committed to supporting the staff with a benefits package which presently includes full medical, vacation, sick, and retirement. All benefits are subject to modification at any time.
How to apply:
Complete the form below and attach your cover letter and resume.
Moore Impact’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We employ qualified people without regard to: race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; ancestry; disability; sexual orientation; pregnancy or breastfeeding; veteran or military status; marital status; civil union or domestic partnership status; arrest record; citizenship; genetic information; gender identity or expression; status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.